Nope. He’s pretty close to the top of the pile, actually. Check out 19th place in the small-school boys’ race at this past Saturday’s Manchester Cross-Country Invitational. (Okay, the spelling is a bit off, but were this a road race rather than a sanctioned high-school event, I’d be screaming fraud.) It was at this meet in 1985 — my sophomore year — that I first transformed myself, in my mind, into a decent runner. The event has exploded into an extravaganza attracting many top teams from New England and — obviously! — New York State.
- Dr. Joan Bushwell's Chimpanzee Refuge
- Doc Bushwell is a biochemist and a medical writer who serves as a slavering minion of the dark lords of Big and Little Pharma; Jim is an engineering professor with a fondness for running shoes and drumsticks; and Kevin Beck is a self-exiled member of the clan who refuses to stay gone.
What Hominids are Saying
Our Fossil Record
Popular Palaver & Polemics
- Histiocytic disease in dogs
- Fun With Bible Quotes, Part 67
- Evolutionists: "The spleen has no function"
- I'm being cyberstalked
- Same story, different headlines: a great example
- Richard Gibbens and the terrible triad
- The infamous Nike chainsaw-killer spot (and a minor tribute)
- Ironically, uninformed people say mistaken things
- Milking disinformation for all it's worth
E-Mail Threats Received to Date
- 132,309 nastygrams