After reading this Onionesque yet sincere (I believe) letter to my hometown newspaper, I’m left with two possibilities regarding its author: He’s either living, breathing evidence that lotteries do indeed preferentially target the intellectually underendowed or a cognizant anti-gambling type bent on marshalling support — real or synthesized — for his stance.
- Dr. Joan Bushwell's Chimpanzee Refuge
What Hominids are Saying
Our Fossil Record
Popular Palaver & Polemics
- To the woman behind me in line at King Soopers (Boulder)
- Older, single, goofy-looking men who bash women and gays online are loaded with self-esteem
- The Golden Gate Bridge suicide phenomenon
- Mental disarray and personal politics, part I
- Richard Gibbens and the terrible triad
- 65% of women in U.S. have eating disorders
- Can a Great Dane mate with a Chihuahua?
- Misanthropy and a fondness for animals: a connection?
- She's baaaaaack
E-Mail Threats Received to Date
- 167,365 nastygrams