Time to up the Haldol

A clown in the stop the ACLU troupe complains of something he calls “borderline blasphemous”:

The photograph [below, top] is reminiscent of one of the most famous and iconic depictions of God in western art, the Sistine Chapel painting of God reaching out to Adam [below, bottom]. But, instead of God, we have The Obammessiah reaching across the page as if straining to touch each of us with his healing hand. It’s quite disgusting, really, the way the Old Media has propagandized for Obama by replicating religious imagery or communist propaganda and this over-the-top image is a perfect example.

Dude has a point–in the L.A. Times picture, Obama is extending his left arm, all four fingers and the thumb outstretched, and holding a microphone in his right hand; in the Michelangelo painting, God is extending his right arm, index finger pointing and the other digits relaxed. Frigging uncanny.
For further hilarity, read the comments from which where this undermedicated yammerhead drew his inspiration.

1. #1 by Anon on January 26, 2009 - 10:56 pm

It is backed like a weasel…

2. #2 by llewelly on January 27, 2009 - 1:54 am

Does this clown know Michelangelo was gay?

3. #3 by Ian Pattinson on January 27, 2009 - 3:52 am

Is anyone surprised at how fast the Freeper thread jumped to “looks like Hitler”? They’re going to be repeating that for the next 8 years.

4. #4 by dreikin on January 27, 2009 - 4:18 am

Psalm 23 (NIV – New Inaugural Version):
    1.OBAMA is my shepherd; I shall not want.
    2.He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
    3.He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for our country’s sake.
    4.Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of wallstreet, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy charisma and thy leadership they comfort me.
    5.Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of our enemies: thou anointest my head with hope; my cup runneth over.
    6.Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of OBAMA for 8 years.
    obAmen.

5. #5 by Captain Obvious on January 27, 2009 - 6:06 am

“The Obammessiah”
    I read that as “Omnissiah” and was hoping for techpriests from Mars. I am sorely disappointed. :(

6. #6 by Cannonball Jones on January 27, 2009 - 7:35 am

TBH the Hitler thing was the first thing to strike me as well. Wish I had GIMP or Photoshop on this PC, I could have some fun with that :)

7. #7 by carey on January 27, 2009 - 11:27 am

I especially like Obama’s flowing white beard. What an amazing resemblance!
    Of course, non-religious folk filter out this reality.