Meseret Defar of Ethiopia ran 14:24.37 in Stockholm to break the women’s 5000 meter indoor mark, lowering it by over 3 seconds. It is worth noting that this formidable run was performed on a track well short of the 200 meter indoor “standard” found in many colleges and universities, and thus displays tighter corners. Details here.
- Dr. Joan Bushwell's Chimpanzee Refuge
What Hominids are Saying
Our Fossil Record
Popular Palaver & Polemics
- Misanthropy and a fondness for animals: a connection?
- Don't worry, be happy (or I'll fuckin' kill you)
- Same story, different headlines: a great example
- The infamous Nike chainsaw-killer spot (and a minor tribute)
- A different perspective on bipolar disorder
- Best cover of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" ever.
- Mickey Mantle's longest home runs
- 65% of women in U.S. have eating disorders
- The "white" part, sure; the "supremacy" is well-hidden
E-Mail Threats Received to Date
- 166,886 nastygrams