Meseret Defar of Ethiopia ran 14:24.37 in Stockholm to break the women’s 5000 meter indoor mark, lowering it by over 3 seconds. It is worth noting that this formidable run was performed on a track well short of the 200 meter indoor “standard” found in many colleges and universities, and thus displays tighter corners. Details here.
- Dr. Joan Bushwell's Chimpanzee Refuge
What Hominids are Saying
Our Fossil Record
Popular Palaver & Polemics
- This Might Actually Be Useful For Someone
- Let's start with the illiterate woodchucks
- Granite Grok remains a locus of mindlessness and bullshit
- Arachnosex, pt. 2: Spiders Love to Snuggle!
- Granite Grok dude loses show, column thanks to anti-gay comments
- Plyo Boxes
- Christians: Why should anyone believe ideas you plainly reject yourself?
E-Mail Threats Received to Date
- 176,890 nastygrams