Meseret Defar of Ethiopia ran 14:24.37 in Stockholm to break the women’s 5000 meter indoor mark, lowering it by over 3 seconds. It is worth noting that this formidable run was performed on a track well short of the 200 meter indoor “standard” found in many colleges and universities, and thus displays tighter corners. Details here.
- Dr. Joan Bushwell's Chimpanzee Refuge
What Hominids are Saying
Our Fossil Record
Popular Palaver & Polemics
- What next? Vaccines don't really cause autism?
- The infamous Nike chainsaw-killer spot (and a minor tribute)
- Misanthropy and a fondness for animals: a connection?
- On the "If everyone had a gun, we'd all be safer" claim
- Don't blame public schools for poor substrate and losing ideological battles
- I don't care you who are; that, right there, is funny
E-Mail Threats Received to Date
- 168,568 nastygrams