Obama to create another $150 TRILLION in debt over next few years

$150,150,000,000,000, to be exact (you’ll have to put your cursor in the location bar and hit “Enter” after clicking the link because links from this domain to gribbitonline.com are disallowed, the Internet equivalent of the fingers-in-ears, “la-la-la” strategy).
I love it when this guy tries using numbers. He’s still convinced that there are 1,095 days in a four-year span.
I also think he is constitutionally incapable of using the term “President Obama.” Practically every post he “writes” is about Obama, but he literally cannot avoid using some kind of clever nickname (“Barry,” “Obamaramadingdong,” “President Juggears,” etc. If you ever saw Gribbit, you’d wonder why he would pick on others’ physical attributes.)
At least he tags almost every post with (among at least seven or eight slurs directed at Obama and liberals) “Stupidity.” Don’t say he does nothing right.

1. #1 by Moderately Unbalanced Squid on May 5, 2009 - 1:46 pm

He’s still none too bright – I got a “banned” message by clicking on your link, but just repasting the url in my address bar allowed me to view his site. Levels of dumb heaped on ineffective attempts to hide the dumb. It’s very entertaining.

2. #2 by Phillip IV on May 5, 2009 - 2:22 pm

He’s still convinced that there are 1,095 days in a four-year span
    Actually, it seems he now uses a figure of 1,465 days for four years – which is also wrong, but not by that much. In any case, that’s how he arrives at that number of 150 trillion:
    $ 11 trillion (full Federal debt) divided by 100 days equals 0.11 trillion/day – so in the remaining 1,365 days of Obama’s term, he’s going to spend another 150.150 trillion.
    Harebrained as that calculation is, it would have been much more effective if he’d done it on January 8th:
    $ 9.96 trillion divided by one day equals 9.96 trillion/day – or an estimated expenditure of 14.590 quadrillion dollars over the course of the Obama administration.

3. #3 by Jim Fiore on May 5, 2009 - 2:35 pm

Oh man, I almost split a gut when I saw the “Tip Jar” donations link in the sidebar.
    I could give him any number of tips, like pulling his head from his anus, for starters.

4. #4 by Kevin Beck on May 5, 2009 - 2:38 pm

the sheeple of the world would rather believe a hypocritical political has-been than actual science. They would rather believe knee-jerk conclusions based upon the notion that man in inherently bad therefore we must be causing harm to the planet than completing actual experiments on the causes of climate change. They choose to ignore the obvious causes – such as the sun – in favor of the notion that bad old man is the greatest evil to ever invade this precious rock.
    I’ve never heard anyone convinced that anthropogenic climate change is a reality advance the idea that people are ruining the world on purpose because they are evil or bad. I also like the construct “They would rather believe knee-jerk conclusions … than completing.” He uses the phrase “actual science” (which looks really, really strange on his site), and despite the fact that he routinely embraces science he thinks supports his positions (and the National Geographic piece does not, and discards that which doesn’t, he calls others “sheeple.”
    What an ass. Every time I go a couple of weeks without looking at that site and become desensitized, I’m always amazed upon returning that anyone that stupid is such an avid blogger about any topic more complex than dingleberry-picking or lighting farts.
    I like how the wingnuts have created an “Obama’s last day” graphic like the one libs made about Bush during GWB’s second term. While the latter advisory was obviously set in stone, the nutters can only hope that Obama will be a one-termer.

5. #5 by Kevin Beck on May 5, 2009 - 3:13 pm

“Actually, it seems he now uses a figure of 1,465 days for four years”
    Philip IV–where did you see that? The last time Gribbit banned me it was largely because I kept pointing out that he couldn’t multiply 365 (okay, 365.25) by 4, and he refused to correct the error at that point because he would rather have a blatant mistake on his page than alter any content as a result of what “Kevin the Chimp” told him. I figured he’d do a stealth correction later on, like most shitbloggers.
    Yeah, Jim, these guys screaming about socialism and communism tend to be the ones with Paypal donation buttons in their blog sidebars. It’s so contradictory it’s almost quaint, but rank hypocrisy is the stock-in-trade of right-wingers.

6. #6 by Phillip IV on May 5, 2009 - 3:42 pm

Philip IV–where did you see that?
    In the post you linked, fourth paragraph: “…spent in his first 100 days. There is still another 1365 more to go..”
    And that’s the figure he used for his calculation, apparently.
    So he *did* take your advice, in the end – he’s still using the wrong number, but a somewhat less blatantly wrong one.

7. #7 by Kevin Beck on May 5, 2009 - 4:00 pm

Ah, tahnks.
    Then there’s this crapburst about global warming:
    First he links to a post that states explicitly in the first paragraph that anthropogenic global warming is a reality, then he writes:
    The whole argument made by imbeciles like the POTUS is moot because global warming – when it was occuring, which it isn’t now – is cause by that big yellow ball in the day sky. It’s called THE SUN YOU TWITS!!!
    Gribbit has figured out that the sun is hot. Someone alert NASA and the NOAA.
    Follow the common sense logic as I AGAIN try to explain it to you.
    Always the reddest of flags, coming from this guy.
    The earth is 90% water. The sun’s ultraviolet rays break down the water molecules and create ozone and – wait for it – WATER VAPOR. Water vapor my friends is THE MOST ABUNDANT GREENHOUSE GAS IN THE EARTH’S ATMOSPHERE. It is water vapor which caused global warming.
    Gribbit doesn’t grasp the concept of perturbations, nor does he recognize that not all greenhouse gases are created equal. Worse, I don’t think he would understand it even if someone he trusted (and all such persons reside up his own ass) sat him down and explained it to him. Animals are about 70% water, but does this mean that adding tiny amounts of other substances that may exist naturally (such as E. coli) can’t have a significant effect?
    NOW – the earth hasn’t warmed since 1998 if you believe the real data that has been collected and it actually has been cooling for 2 years.
    A favorite canard. 1998 is the warmest year on record and was an El Nino year. But picking a single data point does not a trend make, and overall the planet has, for whatever reason, continued to warm.
    Maybe I’ll send him that link on Twitter and really piss him off.

8. #8 by SouthernFriedSkeptic on May 5, 2009 - 4:06 pm

Which should give you some satisfaction that deep within the bullshit shielding him from reality, it registered that your criticism was correct. Though it will never be public, it must torment him that he had to acknowledge that to himself.

9. #9 by Kevin Beck on May 5, 2009 - 4:12 pm

Ah, thanks.
    Then there’s this crapburst about global warming:
    Gribbit has figured out that the sun is hot. Someone alert NASA and the NOAA.
    Follow the common sense logic as I AGAIN try to explain it to you.
    Always the reddest of flags, coming from this guy.
    Maybe I’ll send him that link on Twitter and really piss him off.

10. #10 by Phillip IV on May 5, 2009 - 6:08 pm

Oh my, that moves way beyond just not grasping the concept of perturbation…
    “The sun’s ultraviolet rays break down the water molecules and create ozone and – wait for it – WATER VAPOR.”
    Well, no. But to his credit he’s just conflating two phenomena that actually exist, not just making stuff up.
    “The earth is 90% water.”
    The Earth is less than 1% water, even if water covers 70% percent of the surface. Wasn’t he talking about common sense just now? And hasn’t even realized he isn’t living on Waterworld?
    I’m always fascinated by some people’s ability to completely discount all scientific result that do not fit their preconceptions – and then turn around and try to shore up their worldview with the sad, disjointed little fragments of science that are left.

11. #11 by Kevin Beck on May 5, 2009 - 6:34 pm

I sent Gribbit a link to the New Scientists climate-change-myths article on Twitter, although for all I know he’s blocked me (I don’t use Twitter enough to know how that stuff works). I’m sure he will not read it but will claim it’s liberal bunk anyway.
    The fascinating thing about Gribbitian types who reject what the IPCC says but believe the “science” in WorldNut Daily isn’t that they engage in such goofily dishonest nonsense; it’s that they see it as legitimate. Anything that contradicts wingnut ideology is automatically scientifically suspect, and anything that supports it is scientifically sublime. Q.E.D. And these are invariably people whose education in the sciences consists, at most, of some long-forgotten basic high-school stuff. Unreal.

12. #12 by hinschelwood on May 8, 2009 - 3:35 pm

Awww, “comments are closed” for his post.
    I’m reminded of the “noise in the desert” conundrum with Gribbit. Without you, Kevin, would anybody know that this noise existed? He seems to exist in a complete vacuum, accepting no comments, links, or any kind of publicity. Is that what attracts you? Or is it just the endless idiocy?
    Whatever, I’m grateful that you spend your time unearthing items such as Gribbit, so that I don’t have to go to the trouble myself.