sitting on a rock on a North Boulder street corner drinking coffee and watching an obviously sick and starving red fox emerge from the east, patter by at close range with what looks suspiciously like a pleading if milky expression, and disappear into an adjacent yard, all the while rooting around stupidly in my pockets for an edible donation that is not there.
- Dr. Joan Bushwell's Chimpanzee Refuge
What Hominids are Saying
Our Fossil Record
Popular Palaver & Polemics
- Some seriously old shit: the lost art of paleo-scatology
- Same story, different headlines: a great example
- Mental disarray and personal politics, part II
- Misanthropy and a fondness for animals: a connection?
- Harvard study: Well-hung men may have larger penises
- Is Richard Dawkins deluded in his optimism?
- Big Fat Golden Goose Eggs (also to be found on Cognitive Emesis)
- Why I don't poop on Christmas
- The "tipping point" model as an explanation for the maintenance of homosexuality
E-Mail Threats Received to Date
- 164,420 nastygrams