I’m of course referring again to the Boston Marathon. Earlier this week I mentioned that the race filled to it’s ~26,000-runner capacity within eight hours of opening its online registration portal on Monday, and related this to a possible need for the BAA to tighten its qualifying standards. On the related topic of the respective qualifying times for women and men, I argue in an article for Running Times Online that while women’s are softer, this phenomenon pervades elite American distance running as well, and to a greater extent at that.
- Dr. Joan Bushwell's Chimpanzee Refuge
What Hominids are Saying
Our Fossil Record
Popular Palaver & Polemics
- I'll huff and I'll puff, and then I'll retire to my bedroom and watch porn
- This Might Actually Be Useful For Someone
- What emboldens a lunatic like Kim Duclos? More lunacy
- On how many fronts is Kim Duclos hilarious?
- Adventures in courtroom lying, part 4: Kim Duclos is extremely chill for a petrified person
- Dave Chappelle helps Oscar the Grouch tell it like it is
- Amy's story
- Same story, different headlines: a great example
- In case you've never been to Goat Scrotum, U.S.A.
E-Mail Threats Received to Date
- 174,089 nastygrams