In doing some research for an “article” I happened across a treadmill with some impressive specifications. This monster has a deck 18 1/2 feet long and four feet wide, weighs more than a Humvee, can accommodate exercisers weighing over a ton, has a 40-HP motor, can be inclined to a 17 percent grade, and has a top speed of 60 miles an hour, about twice what Usain Bolt is capable of achieving. Of course, it’s intended to train horses, not humans, but what of it? Its price tag of $72,000 or higher should not be a deterrent to the folks at Jackass, a show for which this piece of equipment was seemingly invented. Come on, who wouldn’t want to see someone in a specialized suit dropped on to one of these things cranked up to top speed from a height of ten feet or so? Or buck naked?
Calling Johnny Knoxville!
- Dr. Joan Bushwell's Chimpanzee Refuge
What Hominids are Saying
Our Fossil Record
Popular Palaver & Polemics
- This Might Actually Be Useful For Someone
- Misanthropy and a fondness for animals: a connection?
- Artificial facts about artificial sweeteners
- How're they hangin', guys?
- Hell, let's just crucify Ryan Hall right now!
- On the "If everyone had a gun, we'd all be safer" claim
- Camille Paglia on Election 2016: Whether 2 plus 2 might equal 5 for sufficiently large values of 2 is anyone's guess
- Ivanka Trump is the genius of the gang
E-Mail Threats Received to Date
- 169,931 nastygrams