Nope. He’s pretty close to the top of the pile, actually. Check out 19th place in the small-school boys’ race at this past Saturday’s Manchester Cross-Country Invitational. (Okay, the spelling is a bit off, but were this a road race rather than a sanctioned high-school event, I’d be screaming fraud.) It was at this meet in 1985 — my sophomore year — that I first transformed myself, in my mind, into a decent runner. The event has exploded into an extravaganza attracting many top teams from New England and — obviously! — New York State.
- Dr. Joan Bushwell's Chimpanzee Refuge
What Hominids are Saying
Our Fossil Record
Popular Palaver & Polemics
- Welcome to the humbler primate house
- The book -- a revelation
- Harvard study: Well-hung men may have larger penises
- A raucous pant-hoot of welcome!
- Once-imposing Christian softens up, extends earthly travels
- Abiogenesis as a Tetris game!
- 30 outstanding place names in Great Britain
- Evolution and animal intelligence: Humans are not the "pinnacle"
- Drunken sex, consent, and morality
- This Might Actually Be Useful For Someone
E-Mail Threats Received to Date
- 164,337 nastygrams