Nope. He’s pretty close to the top of the pile, actually. Check out 19th place in the small-school boys’ race at this past Saturday’s Manchester Cross-Country Invitational. (Okay, the spelling is a bit off, but were this a road race rather than a sanctioned high-school event, I’d be screaming fraud.) It was at this meet in 1985 — my sophomore year — that I first transformed myself, in my mind, into a decent runner. The event has exploded into an extravaganza attracting many top teams from New England and — obviously! — New York State.
- Dr. Joan Bushwell's Chimpanzee Refuge
What Hominids are Saying
Our Fossil Record
Popular Palaver & Polemics
- Reality doesn't bite, it gnaws and gnaws
- What next? Vaccines don't really cause autism?
- This Might Actually Be Useful For Someone
- On farts
- Best cover of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" ever.
- To the woman behind me in line at King Soopers (Boulder)
- When everything you say is a witty rejoinder
- Misnomer of the week: The Truth Project
- Can a Great Dane mate with a Chihuahua?
E-Mail Threats Received to Date
- 168,611 nastygrams