Nope. He’s pretty close to the top of the pile, actually. Check out 19th place in the small-school boys’ race at this past Saturday’s Manchester Cross-Country Invitational. (Okay, the spelling is a bit off, but were this a road race rather than a sanctioned high-school event, I’d be screaming fraud.) It was at this meet in 1985 — my sophomore year — that I first transformed myself, in my mind, into a decent runner. The event has exploded into an extravaganza attracting many top teams from New England and — obviously! — New York State.
- Dr. Joan Bushwell's Chimpanzee Refuge
What Hominids are Saying
Our Fossil Record
Popular Palaver & Polemics
- These are not two different runners
- Mickey Mantle's longest home runs
- Dear South Dakota legislature: idiot America loves you
- Archbishop of Denver spouts obligatory stupid shit
- Don't worry, be happy (or I'll fuckin' kill you)
- Anti-materialism in the 21st century
- Skateboarding powerlifter vs. Arthur Lydiard: not a fair fight
- Donald Trump walks into a hotel room
- What? No mention of communism or moonbats?
E-Mail Threats Received to Date
- 166,866 nastygrams