Nope. He’s pretty close to the top of the pile, actually. Check out 19th place in the small-school boys’ race at this past Saturday’s Manchester Cross-Country Invitational. (Okay, the spelling is a bit off, but were this a road race rather than a sanctioned high-school event, I’d be screaming fraud.) It was at this meet in 1985 — my sophomore year — that I first transformed myself, in my mind, into a decent runner. The event has exploded into an extravaganza attracting many top teams from New England and — obviously! — New York State.
- Dr. Joan Bushwell's Chimpanzee Refuge
What Hominids are Saying
Our Fossil Record
Popular Palaver & Polemics
- This Might Actually Be Useful For Someone
- Misanthropy and a fondness for animals: a connection?
- Granite Grok remains a locus of mindlessness and bullshit
- Favorite actresses in TV medical and crime dramas
- Artificial facts about artificial sweeteners
- On the "If everyone had a gun, we'd all be safer" claim
- Camille Paglia on Election 2016: Whether 2 plus 2 might equal 5 for sufficiently large values of 2 is anyone's guess
- Ivanka Trump is the genius of the gang
- Matt Labbe, 1970-2007
E-Mail Threats Received to Date
- 169,944 nastygrams